PROBLEMATIC SCALP TREATMENT
Hair growth starts at the root. The Problematic Scalp Treatment is the ultimate product to soothe dry scalp, and eliminate pesky flakes and itch – all while stimulating hair growth! Packed with 24 herbs and oils, this powerful formulation aids in scalp healing and calming irritations with its antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Used a couple times a week, the Problematic Scalp Treatment will provide effective scalp relief and improve your scalp condition. Its relaxing herbal scent makes it an essential part of any self-care day.
- Soothes skin inflammation and irritations
- Combats bacteria that causes dandruff and flakes
- Supports healthy hair growth
- Nourishes scalp skin + stimulates follicles
- Hydrates skin to provide an optimal surface for hair growth
- Strengthens follicles for improved retention
- Prevents damage to hair + surrounding skin
Problematic Scalp Treatment is best for individuals with scalp-related issues such as dryness, itch, flakes, or dandruff.
Regular price $25.00 USD
Our Problematic Scalp Treatment is packed with 24 herbal ingredients, made to soothe + recover your scalp skin. As it supports the healing + cleansing process for the surface of your scalp, it creates an optimal environment for your hair to grow + thrive.
- Unrefined Shea Butter is not stripped of its nutrient content and contains all of its natural goodness. It has been used for centuries to soothe dry itchy scalp and treat dandruff. It is an all-natural conditioner for dry damaged hair and it's excellent for locking in moisture. It also stimulates hair growth and protects against heat and environmental damage.
- Neem Oil has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that fight dandruff-causing bacteria. It contains extraordinarily high amounts of antioxidants that promote hair growth and deep condition damaged hair.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that treat dandruff and itch. It gets to the root of the problem and eliminates flakiness and dryness of the scalp.
- Argan Oil is popularly known as 'liquid gold' for hair. It's extremely high in Omega 6, 9 and Vitamin E that keeps hair soft, silky and shiny.
- Castor Seed Oil is high in Vitamin E, Omega 6 & 9 and ricinoleic acid. Ricinoleic acid helps balance the scalp's pH level which provides the perfect conditions for hair growth. It's also high in antioxidants that support keratin (hair protein) and increase the overall thickness of the hair.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to dry hair before wash. Section hair in the middle using your fingers or a tooth comb, and apply a pea-sized amount directly on the scalp. Keep sectioning hair until the treatment is on all parts of the scalp. Massage the scalp for 3-5 minutes. Leave on for a few hours or overnight. Shampoo twice. For best results, use 1-2 times per week for at least 90 days. Our products are extremely concentrated and pure thus a little trial & error is required to figure out the right amount that works best for you! If you experience oil residue after shampooing twice, you’ve applied too much. Start with a small amount and adjust accordingly. Keep in a dry, cool space (away from sunlight).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I apply it on clean or unclean hair?
It’s specifically formulated as a pre-wash product. This requires applying it on your scalp, clean or unclean, a few hours or overnight before you plan to wash it in the shower.
How often do I use it?
At least 1-2 times a week. We recommend using it before each wash day. With this, we always recommend washing your hair only twice a week maximum. This helps to prevent frequently stripping away your scalp’s natural oils + overdrying your scalp skin.
How do I wash it off?
We recommend using a clarifying shampoo and washing your scalp twice to get all the product out. If you still experience greasiness, please re-wash your hair until the grease is completely gone. If you are having trouble getting the product out of your hair within 2 shampoo washes, this could also mean that you are using too much! We recommend reducing the amount used by half to make it easier to wash out. Continue to adjust the amount accordingly until there is no lingering grease post-wash.
Can I use it if I’m pregnant?
When using products containing essential oils, we recommend seeking advice from your doctor prior to using our products if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is it vegan?
No, it is not vegan. Its formulation contains a bit of beeswax.
Can it be used on color-treated hair?
It is not specifically formulated for color-treated hair. Having said that, many of our customers with color-treated hair use it without any issue.
Is it gluten-free?
Yes, it is gluten-free. Please note it is not formulated in a gluten-free facility.
Will it help with alopecia, psoriasis, trichotillomania, female/male pattern baldness?
Our products do not belong in the drug category therefore aren’t specifically tested as a medicinal solution for hair loss conditions. However, it helps soothe and alleviate irritations + inflammations that can come from skin conditions.
We have many customers who have used it and experienced hair growth in areas/patches where they were experiencing hair loss. We also have customers that have used it with hair loss conditions and experience positive results (check Real Results below).
For conditions concerning hair loss, such as pattern baldness, our Scalp Treatments may help stimulate hair growth with your remaining active follicles + retain your existing hair. With consistent application, nourishing your scalp may help slow the hair loss process.
Is it good for sensitive scalps?
For sensitive scalps that experience irritations or reactions such as inflammation, irritation, itching, redness or throbbing, we recommend using only our Rosemary Scalp Treatment.
For sensitive scalps with problematic scalp issues, we recommend using our Problematic Scalp Treatment with caution. Problematic scalp issues include: psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc. However, if your scalp is easily irritated or reactive (see above), especially with essential oils, we do not recommend using our Problematic Scalp Treatment.
Always perform a patch test before applying our products. Natural + herbal products can still cause adverse reactions if you are allergic to a specific ingredient. Do not use if you have any nut allergies. Discontinue use right away if there is an adverse reaction.
What is the difference between this and Rosemary Scalp Treatment?
It is made specifically for combating scalp irritations (such as itchiness, dryness, dandruff and flakes) while supporting your hair growth. Our Rosemary Scalp Treatment is made specifically for accelerating your hair growth.
Can I use both Scalp Treatments at the same time?
Yes, you can use both at the same time.
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
Coconut Oil*, Castor Seed Oil*, Shea Butter*, Sweet Almond Oil*, Olive Oil*, Grape Seed Oil*, Macadamia Nut Oil*, Argan Kernel Oil*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Neem Oil, Amla Fruit Extract*, Shikakai Nut Extract*, Neem Leaf Extract*, Bhringaraj Leaf Extract*, Brahmi Leaf Extract*, Tulsi Leaf Powder*, Dandelion Root Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Burdock Root Extract*, Tea Tree Oil*, Rosemary Oil*, Peppermint Oil*, Lavender Oil*, Orange Peel Oil*, Cera Alba.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS