ROSEMARY SCALP TREATMENT
Hair growth starts at the root. The Rosemary Scalp Treatment is packed with over 15 herbal extracts that nourishes and stimulates your scalp. It is the ultimate product to help you achieve thicker, fuller and healthier hair. Used a couple times a week, the Scalp Treatment will provide intense hydration and repair the scalp for optimum growth. Its relaxing herbal scent makes it an essential part of any self-care day. Size: 100 mL
Regular price $45.00 USD
Our Rosemary Scalp Treatment contains 32 ingredients and each ingredient is key for optimal hair health + growth. There are absolutely no fillers in this product. Each ingredient has been thoroughly researched and intentionally selected.
- Rosemary Essential Oil has been used for centuries to stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, prevent hair loss, slow down greying, and combat scalp irritations. Often compared with minoxidil (a popular drug), it improves circulation in the scalp + encourages cellular turnover - both improving hair growth + preventing hair loss. This is why our formulation includes Rosemary in two forms: herbal extract and oil form.
- Castor Seed Oil is high in Vitamin E, Omega 6 + 9, and ricinoleic acid. Ricinoleic acid balances the scalp's pH level, providing the perfect conditions for hair growth. It also supports keratin and increases overall hair thickness with high amounts of antioxidants. This ingredient is key in combating thinning hair and bald patches.
- Bhringaraj is an Ayurvedic herb found throughout India and the southwestern U.S. The best Ayurvedic remedy for hair loss + premature greying, its name means “ruler of the hair”. It also helps hair become dark, dense and lustrous, giving it a fuller appearance while supporting natural hair growth. Ayurvedic herbs are the oldest practice of natural medicine, known to ‘cleanse’ the body, boost protection, and provide natural benefits for your hair and health. This is why the formulation also includes Brahmi Leaf Extract, Amla Fruit Extract, Tulsi Leaf Extract, Neem Leaf Extract, and Shikakai Nut Extract.
- Fo-ti is an herb native to China, known for its ability to slow down greying and soothe itching. Research and data strongly suggest that Fo-ti Extract may promote hair growth by elongating the anagen stage (hair growth) and/or delaying the catagen stage (hair regression). This herb works to improve hair retention and longevity.
- Green Tea is known to contain health benefits, including for hair, which can be attributed to the active compound EGCG. In one small study, researchers added topical green tea-derived EGCG extract to the scalps of three participants with alopecia. After 4 days, the participants experienced significant increases in hair growth activity. EGCG works to maximize hair growth by stimulating hair follicles and preventing damage to skin + hair cells.
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is the hormone responsible for body hair growth. The proteins around your follicles allow testosterone and DHT to bind to them, resulting in hair growth. This natural process becomes a problem when DHT binds to the proteins and clings on for too long, suffocating your follicles, and making the growing hair much weaker on output. Luckily, there are ways to block DHT: natural ingredients can prevent DHT from clinging onto your follicles, while stimulating hair growth.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is an effective DHT blocker, known to solve male pattern baldness by increasing hair count. It actively blocks 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme responsible for converting regular testosterone into DHT. Less DHT means less follicle miniaturization, letting your hairs grow out and receive proper nutrients.
- Red Clover Extract is a flowering plant that belongs to the legumes family, alongside peas and beans. The biochanin A found in Red Clover Extract inhibits the 5-alpha reductase activity responsible for androgenic alopecia. As it works to inhibit follicle shrinkage, it improves hair anchoring and retention.
- Fenugreek herb is native to Southern Europe, the Mediterranean, and Western Asia. An animal study has shown that herbal oil mixed with Fenugreek Seed Extract can increase hair thickness + growth. This herb slows down the clinging of DHT and improves circulation to your follicles, effectively treating hair loss.
- Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract is a natural remedy used for treating hair loss. Native Americans used this plant and its berries as medicine + food for hundreds of years. Research suggests an extract of Saw Palmetto berries may block 5-alpha reductase. With regular application, this herb works by increasing hair count.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to dry hair before wash. Section hair in the middle using a tooth comb and apply directly on the scalp using the dropper. Keep sectioning hair until the treatment is on all parts of the scalp. Massage the scalp for 3-5 minutes. Leave on for a few hours or overnight. Shampoo twice. For best results, use 1-2 times per week for at least 90 days. Our products are extremely concentrated and pure thus a little trial + error is required to figure out the right amount that works best for you! If you experience oil residue after shampooing twice, you’ve applied too much. Start with a small amount and adjust accordingly. Keep in a dry, cool space (away from sunlight).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I apply it on clean or unclean hair?
It’s specifically formulated as a pre-wash product. This entails applying it on your scalp, clean or unclean, before you plan to wash it in the shower.
How often do I use it?
At least 1-2 times a week. We recommend using it before each wash day. With this, we always recommend washing your hair only twice a week maximum. This helps to prevent frequently stripping away your scalp’s natural oils + overdrying your scalp skin.
How do I wash it off?
We recommend using a clarifying shampoo and washing your scalp twice to get all the product out. If you still experience greasiness, please re-wash your hair until the grease is completely gone. If you are having trouble getting the product out of your hair within 2 shampoo washes, this could also mean that you are using too much! We recommend reducing the amount used by half to make it easier to wash out. Continue to adjust the amount accordingly until there is no lingering grease post-wash.
Can I use it if I’m pregnant?
When using products containing essential oils, we recommend seeking advice from your doctor prior to using our products if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is it vegan?
Yes, it is vegan.
Can it be used on color-treated hair?
It is not specifically formulated for color-treated hair. Having said that, many of our customers with color-treated hair use it without any issue.
Is it gluten-free?
Yes, it is gluten-free. Please note it is not formulated in a gluten-free facility.
Will it help with alopecia, psoriasis, trichotillomania, female/male pattern baldness?
Our products do not belong in the drug category therefore aren’t specifically tested as a medicinal solution for hair loss conditions. However, we have many customers who have used it and experienced hair growth in areas/patches where they were experiencing hair loss. We also have customers that have used it with hair loss conditions and experience positive results (check Real Results below).
We seek to elevate scalp care in the haircare industry where it is often neglected. With this, our products including our Rosemary Scalp Treatment seek to encourage scalp care + frequent scalp massages. The scalp is the last layer of the skin to receive nutrients essential for hair growth. This is why our products are developed + formulated to topically nourish the follicles for optimal growth.
Is it good for sensitive scalps?
For sensitive scalps that experience irritations or reactions such as inflammation, irritation, itching, redness or throbbing, we recommend using only our Rosemary Scalp Treatment.
For sensitive scalps with problematic scalp issues, we recommend using our Problematic Scalp Treatment with caution. Problematic scalp issues include: psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc. However, if your scalp is easily irritated or reactive (see above), especially with essential oils, we do not recommend using our Problematic Scalp Treatment.
Always perform a patch test before applying our products. Natural + herbal products can still cause adverse reactions if you are allergic to a specific ingredient. Do not use if you have any nut allergies. Discontinue use right away if there is an adverse reaction.
What is the difference between this and Problematic Scalp Treatment?
It is made specifically for accelerating your hair growth. Our Problematic Scalp Treatment is made specifically for combating scalp irritations (such as itchiness, dryness, dandruff and flakes) while supporting your hair growth.
Can I use both Scalp Treatments at the same time?
Yes, you can use both at the same time.
Can I use Minoxidil with it?
We recommend you consult your health care professional when using Minoxidil. Our products are safe to use in general, however Minoxidil itself may have restrictions. With topical application, it is commonly recommended not to use anything else especially in the same areas of application as Minoxidil.
Can I use a laser cap with it?
Due to the risk of increased sensitivity with your scalp from laser treatment, we encourage you to first consult your health care professional before use.
Arca, Ercan et al. “The Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of Topical Saw Palmetto and Trichogen Veg Complex for the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in Men.” ResearchGate, Turkish Journal of Dermatology vol. 8,4 (2014): 210-215. DOI: 10.4274/tdd.2302
Hajhashemi, Valiollah et al. “Beneficial effects of pumpkin seed oil as a topical hair growth promoting agent in a mice model.” Avicenna journal of phytomedicine vol. 9,6 (2019): 499-504. doi:10.22038/AJP.2019.13463
Hill, Ansley. “EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate): Benefits, dosage, and safety.” Healthline, 26 Apr. 2019, https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/egcg-epigallocatechin-gallate.
“Is fenugreek good for promoting hair growth?” WebMD, 25 May 2021, https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/what-to-know-fenugreek-hair-growth.
Kwon, O S et al. “Human hair growth enhancement in vitro by green tea epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).” Phytomedicine: international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology vol. 14,7-8 (2007): 551-5. DOI: 10.1016/j.phymed.2006.09.009
“Lab notes: Red wine before radiation and red clover for hair loss.” MedPageToday, 6 May 2011, https://www.medpagetoday.com/labnotes/labnotes/26335.
Panahi, Yunes et al. “Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial.” Skinmed vol. 13,1 (2015): 15-21.
Shin, Jae Young et al. “Polygonum multiflorum extract support hair growth by elongating anagen phase and abrogating the effect of androgen in cultured human dermal papilla cells.” BMC complementary medicine and therapies vol. 20,1 144. 12 May. 2020, doi:10.1186/s12906-020-02940-5
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
Castor Seed Oil*, Sweet Almond Oil*, Olive Oil*, Pumpkin Seed Oil*, Hemp Seed Oil*, Macadamia Oil*, Avocado Oil*, Black Cumin Seed Oil*, Argan Oil*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Bhringaraj Leaf Extract*, Brahmi Leaf Extract*, Amla Fruit Extract*, Tulsi Leaf Extract*, Neem Leaf Extract*, Shikakai Bark Extract*, Fenugreek Seed Extract, Ashwagandha Root Extract*, Fo-ti Extract*, Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract*, Red Clover Extract*, Nettle Leaf Extract*, Green Tea Leaf Extract*, Rosemary Leaf Extract*, Grape Seed Extract, Burdock Root Extract*, Dandelion Root Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Peppermint Essential Oil*, Rosemary Essential Oil*, Orange Peel Essential Oil*, Tocopherol/Vitamin E.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS